Latest news for sleeping aid
This short post demonstrates using 'ip sla' and for dynamic dns.If you are not familiar with FreeDNS, it is simply a free / shared dns . Individuals voluntarily host their domains on the FreeDNS servers and allow other users to create dns subdomains with their domain name. httpvh://www. youtube. com/watch?v=Zh39hgRJwGE
Here are the steps or you can use the following 4peg template to assist you.
- Create an account with the FreeDNS website
- Add a new subdomain
- Click the 'Registry' link
- Click on a domain you would like to link to. . . e. g. mooo. com
- Enter text in the subdomain field . . . e. g. blindhog
- Get the dynamic dns url
- Click the 'Dynamic DNS' link
- Right-Click on the 'Direct URL' link next to your new subdomain and select 'Copy Link Location'
- Paste this link into [sleeping aid] sleeping aid notepad. We will use it later.
- Login to your cisco router and get into config mode.
- Configure an 'http get' based sla monitorNote: Only enter the first part of the url (before the question mark) and do not hit enter. Press 'ctrl+v' then enter the second half of the url including the question mark. If you do not use 'ctrl+v' before the question mark will be used to display options of the 'http get' command.
ip sla 1 http get http://freedns. afraid. org/dynamic/update. Sleeping aid php?vec. . Or ip sla monitor 1 type http operation get url http://freedns. afraid. org/dynamic/update. php?VEc. .
- Create a new ip sla schedule to activate the update.
ip sla schedule 1 lifetime forever start-time now Or ip sla monitor schedule 1 life forever start-time now
- Use the following commands to troubleshoot
show ip sla configuration show ip sla statistics
debug ip sla trace debug ip sla error
show ip sla monitor configuration show ip sla monitor statistics
debug ip sla monitor trace debug ip sla monitor error