Categories: CCIE , Cisco , Cisco VOIP -  Comments
The Cisco Unified Reporting tool is a web application that can be accessed at the CUCM console and is a quick and convenient way to gather data about a CUCM cluster as well as information that may be helpful in troubleshooting.
The reporting tool can be accessed with an administrator account by doing any of the following:
1. In the Navigation menu of CUCM, Choose Cisco Unified Reporting.
2. From a browser, go to https://<ip address>/cucreports.
3. From the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT), choose File>Cisco Unified Reporting.
You are then sent to a new page, where on the left you can click “System Reports” to drop down a menu of several predefined reports.
To check the current status of database replication, do the following:
1. Select the report “Unified Database Status”.
2. If someone had previously run a report, you will see a link to the older report with a timestamp of when that report was generated. Click this link to view the older report, otherwise, select the Bar Graph icon in the top right of your screen to generate a new report. A progress bar will display while the new report is being generated.
3. Once the report has completed, review the following two sources to verify overall database health and ensure that replication is working:
a. Unified CM Database Access – For every server, shows if you can read from the local and publisher databases.
b. Unified CM Database Status – Shows if replication is good or bad.
The Cisco Unified Reporting Tool is a great tool that can be utilized to quickly gather important information about your CUCM cluster and I recommend checking it out.